Station Wagons

Sextuplets! Six 1974 Ford Pinto Wagons

Update 3/27/2024: There seems to be some confusion with this post. Yes, the truck shows seven Pintos but the listing (click on the Facebook Marketplace hyperlink) states that six are for sale. They are initially referred to as 1974… more»

Last Year Flathead V8: 1953 Ford Courier

Often referred to as a “Sedan Delivery” here’s Ford’s offering for 1953, known as the Courier. I often encounter Chevrolet and Pontiac versions of this special two-door, modified station wagon, but this is the first Ford Courier I have… more»

1985 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

“The room you need in a wagon you’ll love. The 1985 Plymouth Reliant LE and SE wagons offer all the six-passenger comfort you need, with clean new styling and 34.4 cubic feet of cargo space (67.7 cubic feet with… more»

Shiny Red Wagon: 1955 Chevrolet Nomad

Like millions of other lucky kids, my twin brother and I had a red Radio Flyer wagon to play with. Those iconic little red wagons are still being made after 117 years with the company founder’s grandson as the… more»

Stored 22 Years! 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Wagon

After a period of styling excesses, Chevrolet toned down the appearance of their full-size automobiles in 1961 (no more “batwings”). The 1962s were even crisper in appearance and may be the best that Chevy had to offer that decade… more»

Unmodified 2002 Subaru WRX Turbo Wagon

“A casual glance will not reveal the soul of the WRX. It was not designed by some stylist to elicit a response that says look at me, I’m a supercar. It was designed by engineers to win in the… more»

Limited Production! 1957 Pontiac Safari Transcontinental

Anyone who’s a fan of 1950s automobiles will remember the Chevrolet Nomad, the 2-door “sport wagon” decked out in Bel Air trim. But they sometimes forget the Nomad’s GM cousin, the Pontiac Safari which sported Star Chief appointments. Unlike… more»

Pair of 1984 AMC Eagles

American Motors was always out to create new products on a shoestring budget (because they had to). A case in point is the AMC Eagle which was based on the compact Concord, borrowing 4-wheel-drive infrastructure from Jeep which became… more»

Woodie Wagon! 1964 Ford Country Squire

For more than 40 years, the Country Squire was the full-size Ford’s top-of-the-line station wagon. Initially a wood-bodied (aka “Woodie”), the Squires were based on the Galaxie 500 in the early 1960s and the LTD after that. This 1964… more»

413 Under The Hood: 1962 Chrysler Newport

Yes, I’ve recently been on a station wagon bender. First, there was this 1953 Chevy, then a 1995 Mercedes, following, with a surprising amount of coverage, was this 1991 Buick Century, and today, for your reading enjoyment, I have… more»

Corvette Powered: 1953 Willys Wagon Monster Truck

If your aim in life is to slip behind the wheel of a cool but subtle classic, this 1953 Willys Wagon probably wouldn’t be your first choice. The seller has invested a significant sum to transform it from a… more»

25 Examples Left? 1955 Chrysler New Yorker

In today’s marketplace, a luxury SUV is seen by many to be the ultimate expression of wealth. The Escalade, Suburban, and Land Cruiser are all vehicles that will cost north of $100,000 to buy if you choose to purchase… more»

Two-Fer: 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Wagon With 1953 Fleetcraft Runabout

Fancy a boat with that wagon? Here on eBay is a 1941 Ford Super Deluxe wagon with its sidekick, a 1953 Fleetcraft runabout, looking for a new home. Neither has been fully restored, though the wagon was repainted in… more»

Long List of New Parts: 1976 Ford Pinto Wagon

Ford’s first U.S.-built subcompact was the Pinto, introduced in 1971. It had a 10-year production run which resulted in nearly 3.2 million units sold. The station wagon was a popular model, comprising nearly one-third of the car’s total sales… more»

Century Survivor: 1991 Buick Custom Wagon

Them station wagons are a rollin’, and continuing in that vein, I have another one for you, a real not-so-barn-indy example in the form of a 1991 Buick Century. This is definitely not the type of car we usually… more»

Low-Mile 1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon

I’m on a bit of a station wagon bender. Yesterday it was this 1953 Chevy, today I  have a 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 for your review and I’ll have another subject, either later today or tomorrow, one that some might… more»